A revolutionary banking application with a Visa debit card to help with any of your banking activities such as savings, transactions or managing money in a simple, smart and safe way. Everything is managed from one place, right from your smartphone.
Jenius is what we call Banking Reinvented. It means that Jenius has all the functions of a bank, but you, as the user, have all the access. You have control over how you want to manage your money. Jenius is more than just a bank. Jenius aims to help its users to achieve synergy between their life and finances and ultimately achieve their goals. Unlike other banks, all banking activities made via Jenius is designed to give you ease and simplicity. All your banking activities can be seen, arranged and managed right from your smartphone, so you can save that trip to the bank and do more important things.
Jenius is different from mobile banking. Traditional mobile banking is an extension of the bank itself and as such, it’s unavoidable for you to go to the bank at a certain point. It’s different with Jenius. Everything can be done through your smartphone and from the Jenius app. From opening an account, paying your bills, transfering money, savings, term deposits and even allocating budget for money management. Jenius is also different from e-wallet because Jenius can be used not only to make payments or transactions, but also to save money and have term deposits of up to 7% interest rates p.a. Jenius can also be used to help you manage your money and achieve better Life Finance.
Jenius will make your banking activities faster and more efficient. You also have the convenience of accessing everything from your smartphone from maximizing your money with higher interest rates, manage your finance with multiple debit cards and even allocating money and setting budget limits.
Among the perks you’ll receive upon registering include:
– $Cashtag, an account name that replaces your account number, you don’t have to memorize long account number anymore;
– Split Bill, a way to split the bill fairly amongst your friends and family;
– Card Center, a place where you can manage all your Jenius debit cards;
Other benefits can be seen here.
With Jenius, you can also enjoy up to 25x interbank transfers free of any fees per month, and up to 25x cash withdrawal also free of fees in any Prima/Bersama ATMs per month. Other activities free of fees can be seen here.
By opening a Jenius account, you are automatically opening a PT Bank BTPN Tbk. account. You can enjoy the services provided by PT Bank BTPN Tbk. such as cash deposit in any PT Bank BTPN Tbk. branches, withdraw cash in any PT Bank BTPN Tbk. ATMs and enjoy transfering money to another Jenius account or PT Bank BTPN Tbk. account free of fees.
Although it is part of PT Bank BTPN Tbk., you still need to create a Jenius account to enjoy Jenius services.
You can start by downloading the Jenius app and doing the registration process inside the Jenius app.
Jenius app is free. All Android users with minimum OS of Kitkat 4.2 and all iPhone users with minimum OS of iOS 7 can experience Banking Reinvented by downloading the app here.
To create a Jenius account, you need to prepare your identity card, a piece of white paper with your signature on it, and a Taxpayer Identity Number, if you have one.
You can visit a Jenius booth near you or simply follow these steps:
1. Download the Jenius app on the AppStore or GooglePlay;
2. Prepare your ID card (KTP) to register;
3. Proceed with the registration process by tapping on the Activate Now button on the Jenius app to have our Jenius Crew helping with your activation process over a video call;
4. You can also visit a BTPN Sinaya or BTPN Purna Bakti branch near you to activate your account. Find the list of the branches at Jenius Live;
5. Once your Jenius account has been activated, you can activate your m-Card from the Jenius app, shop using your virtual e-Card, and order an x-Card.
If you have already prepared your identity card, your signature on a paper and taxpayer identification number, then the registration process will take less than 10 minutes.
PIN and password are needed for different usage. PIN or device PIN is needed to access your Jenius account from your smartphone. Password is needed to log in and account verification when making transactions. For more information, you can read this article.
You can choose from the options we provide, but if it’s already printed on your main Jenius Debit Card or your m-Card, you won’t be able to make any changes.
Selfie is needed to protect your ID from being misused by other people, due to the fact that opening Jenius account does not take place in a bank and in front of a bank officer.
Any e-mail address can be used as long as it is still active.
It is an obligatory from OJK (as the regulator) when opening a bank account.
Yes, you can, just follow the given steps to register and activate your Jenius account in this page. However, you still need to upload a picture of your Beneficiary Owner’s NPWP.
You can continue the registration process with the same device within 24 hours. If you would like to continue with another device or reinstall the application, then you have to do the registration process all over again.
Should this happen, please contact Jenius Help at 1500 365 so that Jenius Crew can help you resolve the matter.
Here are some things you need to consider while doing the onboarding process:
– e-mail address should be written in lowercase (max. 35 characters).
– Phone numbers need to be typed manually (not copy-paste from the contact list on your smartphone) and avoid spaces.
– If you didn’t receive a verification code or OTP, make sure your date/time settings in your smartphone is auto-sync.
– Make sure your KTP photo isn’t blurred or truncated, and please don’t take a picture of the signature on your KTP to be submitted.
– Write your name in capital letters
– Make sure the password consists of lowercase, capital letters, numbers, and at least 10 characters.
– The answer to your security question should be in lowercase to avoid confusion later.
– Do not tap on your smartphone’s screen repeatedly while registering, please wait for the app to process your data.
– If you fail to enter your PIN 3 times, please wait for 5 minutes before trying again.
You can request a new verification code by pressing the Resend button. If you have requested for a new code 3 times in a row, please wait 5 minutes before continuing or contact Jenius Help at 1500 365 for help.
After completing the registration process, your Jenius account is still not active yet. After activating your account, you will receive an e-mail informing you that your account is active.
Yes, even so, you still have to upload your NPWP within 2 weeks after completing the registration process.
Yes, you can, as long as you have a KTP. You can download the Jenius app from the Google Play Store/App Store or by visiting any Jenius booth. If you are located outside of Jabodetabek or Bandung, visit the branch office of BTPN Sinaya or Purna Bakti to create your Jenius account. The location of BTPN Sinaya branch offices can be seen here.
No. You can’t make a Jenius account if you are not eligible yet to own a KTP.
Yes, you can. In the registration process, when you’re being asked to upload documents inside Jenius app, you can provide photos of other documents such as SIM or Passport* along with your Reference Letter in the ‘KTP’ section. Make sure the photo shows both documents aligned and clear.
A valid reference letter should contains the following information:
b. Population Registration Number (NIK)
c. Validity period of the letter
d. Signature and stamp of the local district
* Passport should display a clear view of photo and passport number
Yes, you can keep using Jenius app. However, for now, the account activation process should still be done at the nearest BTPN Sinaya or Purna Bakti branch office from your residence.
Yes, you can, by following this steps:
1. Choose Profile & Settings.
2. Then tap Edit.
3. Choose NPWP & personal details.
4. Change your personal details and tap Save.
After completing the registration process, your Jenius account is still not active. The activity of sending money or other banking activities in Jenius can not yet be done. In order to fully experience the Banking Reinvented experience and utilize all the features of Jenius to the fullest, you must activate your Jenius account. This is also a process required by the Financial Services Authority (OJK).
There are 2 ways to activate your Jenius account:
A) Video Call
You can call a Jenius Crew through a video call to activate your Jenius account. The operating time of Jenius Crew: Monday-Sunday, 09.00-21.30 WIB.
Follow these steps:
1. Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
2. On the dashboard page of your Jenius app, choose Activate Now.
3. Choose Activate with Video Call.
4. Jenius will asks for your permission to access your phone’s camera and microphone. Choose Give Access.
5. If you’re not connected directly to a Jenius Crew, you will be directed to a queuing screen where you will need to wait until your turn to talk to our Jenius Crew.
6. Once you’re connected, follow the instruction from our Jenius Crew.
7. For verification purposes, please have your real KTP ready and make sure you are in a place with adequate lighting.
8. Jenius will send an e-mail stating your account is active.
B) Visit Jenius Live
1. Take time to visit and activate your account at Jenius Live.
2. For verification purposes, please have your real KTP ready.
3. Jenius Crew will ask for a signature and take a photo of your KTP.
4. Jenius will send an e-mail stating your account is active.
No. Video calls will use an internet connection, therefore, make sure your internet connection is stable and you have enough data plan when making a video call with our Jenius Crew.
Jenius requires approximately 15 minutes after verification to activate your Jenius account.
If you live outside of Jabodetabek, Bandung and Surabaya, you can still complete the activation process by having a video call or by visiting the nearest branch offices of BTPN Sinaya and Purna Bakti. Find the location of the branch offices here.
Jenius Crew operating time: Monday-Sunday, 08.00-21.30 WIB
You will receive an e-mail from Jenius informing you that your Jenius account is now active.