Your instructions will be received by us digitally
- All your banking instructions will come from Mobile Application.
- You will be required to authorize your instructions using various types of security information (e.g. PIN, username, password, and token) when necessary. You are solely responsible for the use and the confidentiality of all the security information used for the transaction. Please ensure that you do not share your security information to other parties including the bank staff.
- After the authorization process is completed, we will then execute your instructions.
- You understand and agree to the method of sending information electronically through your personal means, and which is used to send your data according to instructions to the Bank and all the risks involved.
- You declare that you agree to receive and/or give instructions digitally to the Bank and take full responsibility and release the Bank from all losses that arise.
VII. Government Assurance
- The Customer’s balance in Jenius is guaranteed in accordance with the provisions of the Deposit Insurance Agency (Lembaga Penjaminan Simpanan or LPS).
- In accordance with the provisions set by the Deposit Insurance Agency (Lembaga Penjamin Simpanan – LPS), the Customer’s saving balance that exceeds the maximum value of savings and/or interest rate guaranteed by LPS, or does not meet other requirements set by LPS, then the saving balance is not guaranteed by LPS.
VIII. Law and Corresponding Jurisdiction
- The interpretation and the implementation of these Terms and Conditions are regulated by and abide with the applicable law of the Republic of Indonesia.
- If these Terms and Conditions are available in English, the English version is only a translation. If there are differences in interpretation between the Indonesian and English texts, the Indonesian text will prevail and be legally binding.
- Matters related to these Terms and Conditions as well as its consequences, will be legally domiciled within the South Jakarta District Court without limiting the Bank’s rights of legal proceedings or indictment to Customer in other Indonesian courts.
- The Customer and the Bank mutually agreed to ignore Article 1266 in the Indonesian Civil Law.
- These Terms and Conditions have been adjusted to all requirements set by the Financial Services Authority of Indonesia (OJK).
IX. Statement and Authority
- The Customer hereby declares that every data, description, and electronic signature in the Account application and/or financial services/facilities used by the Customer, any supporting document related to the bank account application and/or banking service/facility used by the Customer, also every Account operational instruction and/or financial services/facilities, also the authority given by the Customer to a third party (if any) as well as the authority given to the Bank are valid and legally binding to every Account and/or financial service/facility, unless indicated otherwise. The Customer is obliged to provide information to the Bank immediately for every change in name, address, telephone number, NPWP number and any other item that are different from the previously submitted data/description provided by the Customer to the Bank. Failure to inform the above changes is entirely the Customer’s sole responsibility.
- The Customer hereby declares that:
- the Bank holds the right to perform validity tests to the data provided by the Customer on the bank account application or application to receive other services/facilities or any other similar application, and holds the right to request any additional data deemed necessary by the Bank,
- the Bank has given sufficient explanation regarding the characteristic of the Bank’s product that will be used by the Customer, and the Customer has fully understood the consequences including the benefits, losses, risks, and fees that may occur in relation to the Bank’s product.
- The Customer hereby declares to authorize the Bank to directly debit the funds from the Customer’s Account for the purpose of banking transaction. If the Customer has obligations to the Bank, both for obligations arising from banking transactions that have not been completed by the Customer, or for obligations arising based on credit agreements/debt acknowledgments or other agreements made between the Customer and the Bank, the Bank has the right and is hereby authorized by The Customer to block and/or debit and close and/or cash out an Account in the name of the Customer at the Bank, as well as to block and/or close banking facilities/services received by the Customer from the Bank, to be calculated with the Customer’s obligations owed to the Bank. Such power of attorney will remain in force until all of the Customer’s obligations to the Bank are settled.
- The Customer agrees to allow the Bank to provide and/or distribute the Customer’s personal data to and/or representatives and/or parent companies and/or, shareholders and/or affiliated companies and/or third parties who have collaborated with the Bank, for administrative purposes and / or offering financial products / services and / or in order to improve services so that the Customer can use all the features and services offered and can feel comfortable using the application to the fullest.
- The customer agrees to allow the Bank to verify digitally with the Population and Civil Registry Office (Dinas Kependudukan dan Catatan Sipil – Dukcapil) and/or through the third party listed in point X.
- Regardless of the aforementioned provisions, the Customer hereby grants the power of attorney to the Bank to disclose information related to the Customer, including but not limited to, information about the amount of money or other particular matters relating to the Customer Account to the Controlling Shareholder/Last Controlling Shareholder, subsidiaries and Bank affiliates.
- The Customer hereby understands and agrees that The Customer authorizes and/or open the information access to the Bank for:
- the Customer’s device records,
- Official information from the Customer telecommunication provider (excluding records of conversation),
- Credit scoring from third parties who work with the Bank based on electronic business account information and official information from the Customer’s telecommunications provider, the Bank may read, obtain, collect, process and analyze the information in the Customer’s account that are deemed relevant by the Bank to the services/products chosen by the Customer or the services/products of the Bank that will be offered to the Customer including but not limited to loan products.
- The Customer hereby declares to have understood and aware of all the risks arise from the transactions, whether processed through the ATM machine, other places determined by the Bank, or other transactions related to the electronic banking, and is solely responsible for all transactions, including in the event of the Account, debit card, and/or banking facilities/services are misused for any reason.
- The Customer hereby declares that the Customer is willing to be visited and/or contacted by the Bank through the Customer’s personal communication means, to convey information (including products and/or services), from Monday to Saturday, excluding the national holiday, between 08.00 – 18.00 local time.
- The Customer hereby declares that the Customer is willing to be visited and/or contacted by the Bank through the Customer’s personal communication means for service inquiries (including but not limited to card delivery and direct meetings for customer data verification) can be done on Monday to Sunday including national holidays from 08.00 – 21.00 local time.
- If in the future the Customer is no longer willing to be contacted and/or visited by the Bank as stated in the previous agreement (section IX numbers 11 and 13), then the Customer can contact the Bank via Jenius Help: Telephone 1-500-365, Email [email protected] to end the use of Bank products and/or services.
- The customer hereby declares that the Bank is exempted from any responsibility and/or claim and/or lawsuit for damages arising from system and/or communication facilities failure caused by external factors beyond the control of the Bank.
- The Customer hereby declares that he/she agrees that the signature stated on the ID Card (KTP) Photo submitted to the Bank is to be stored and used by the Bank as the Customer’s signature specimen.
- The customer hereby declares to be a subject and bound to this Terms and Conditions, the Terms and Conditions for Customer of PT BANK BTPN Tbk. (“Terms & Conditions for BTPN Customer” that can be accessed by the Customer at www.jenius.com/terms-and-conditions, the terms and conditions related to the Account and/or facility/banking services will be accepted by the customer such as the prevailing laws, legislation and the Bank’s authority in the Republic of Indonesia, determined by the Republic of Indonesia in relation to banking facilities/services provided by the Bank to the customer (including but not limited to electronic transaction process).
- All authority granted by the Customer under these Terms and Conditions are granted with a substitute right, and during which time the customer’s liability to the Bank has not been fully settled, such authority cannot be withdrawn and terminated for any reason, including but not limited to the reasons specified in the Article 1813 of the Civil Law, because such authority is an inseparable component of these Terms and Conditions.
- Without violating the provisions of Consumer Protection in the Financial Services Sector, the Customer agrees and acknowledges that the Bank has the authority to upgrade, modify or supplement the Terms and Conditions in accordance with the applicable regulations. Any change, addition or update to these Terms and Conditions will be informed through the Customer’s email or other means of communication/information and will require customer consent and the customer is bound to such changes in the future.
- The Customer agrees to receive notification through electronic means in accordance with the applicable law, these Terms and Conditions, as well as any other notices regarding the Customer’s use of the Account or products/services provided by Jenius. Electronic means refer, but are not limited to, electronic mail, or displayed information on the website’s pages, Internet Banking or on the Jenius Mobile Application, or through wireless means of communication. The above terms, agreements, and notifications shall be deemed to have been received upon publication.
- The Customer hereby declares that customer has agreed that the customer is required to provide additional information and or documents requested by the bank in relation to customer’s transaction and profile, if needed.
- By reading, understanding general product information, and agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, the Customer binds himself/herself to this Terms and Conditions, and all the terms and conditions set by the Bank and the Customer states that the Bank has provided sufficient explanations regarding the characteristics of the Bank’s products or services including Digital Banking Services the Customer will use and has understood all the consequences of using the Bank’s products or services including Digital Banking Services, along with the benefits, risks, and costs inherent in the Bank’s products or services including the Digital Banking Services.
- The customer acknowledges, understands and agrees that the Bank from time to time on the Bank’s initiative may change the general terms and conditions and/or in the Written Notice including the terms, type and amount of rates and fees listed in these Terms and Conditions and/or stated in the Written Notice, by submitting a Written Notice or announcement explaining the matter according to the applicable provisions in this case no later than 30 (thirty) Business Days before the change takes effect on the date stated by the Bank, except to comply with regulations current regulation.
- In the event that the Customer does not agree with the change, the Customer in question can submit a statement of objection to the Bank within 30 (thirty) Business Days from the time the notification is sent and/or announced. In the event that the Customer expresses his/her objection, voluntarily terminates/closes the Jenius Application service on behalf of the Customer, the Bank will terminate/close the Jenius Application Service on behalf of the Customer and the Customer must previously settle all his/her obligations to the Bank.
- If after the date of the change as referred to in the notification submitted and/or announced by the Bank, the Customer does not submit an objection and continues to use the Jenius Application after the change becomes effective, then the Customer expressly agrees with the change and hereby declares that he/she is subject to all of these changes without exception.
X. Digital Verification
Banks carry out digital verification through certified Electronic Signature Operators and Electronic Certification Operators.
- The Bank cooperates with PT Privy Identity Digital (Privy) as a certified Electronic Signature Operator and Electronic Certification Operator whose head is the Ministry of Communication and Informatics of the Republic of Indonesia.
- The customer will use Privy’s services including but not limited to electronic certificate issuance services provided by Privy
- The customer agrees to register as a Privy user to use the Electronic Certificate issuance service based on Verified Identity in the process of opening a Jenius account.
- The customer authorizes [Bank] to forward KTP data, selfie, cellphone number and e-mail address as registration data to Privy in order to comply with the provisions of the Laws and Regulations.
XII. Questions and Complaints
- Customer may contact the Customer Service for inquiry, file a request, and/or file a complaint via telephone number 1-500-365, chat service within the application or email [email protected]. If the Customer wishes to file a written complaint, a proof of evidence must be attached to support the complaint.
- Should the complaint be related to the completed financial transactions, the Customer must submit the complaint within 30 (thirty) days after the transaction.
- The Bank will perform an examination/investigation of the complaint in accordance with the policies and procedures applicable at the Bank.
- The Bank does not charge a fee for implementing Complaint service policies and procedures.
- If in terms of the customer complaint service an agreement is not reached with the Bank, the customer can settle the dispute through the court or outside the court. Out-of-court settlement can be done through an Alternative Dispute Resolution Institution established by OJK, namely LAPS SJK (Alternative Dispute Resolution Institution in the Financial Service Sector).
- These Terms and Conditions have been adapted to the provisions of laws and regulations including the provisions of the Financial Services Authority Regulations (Peraturan Otoritas Jasa Keuangan).
- These Terms and Conditions and all documents related to and arising from but not limited to the Terms and Conditions, are subjects to the laws of the Republic of Indonesia.
- The Customer declares that he/she is subject to these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions for opening an account that apply to the Bank.
PT BANK BTPN Tbk is licensed and supervised by the Financial Services Authority (OJK), and is an LPS guarantee participant.
Last Updated: 27 June 2023